It’s Spring again! It’s a great time of year to embrace change and indulge in a few sweet treats. Days are becoming brighter and longer and positivity is in the air. Spring begins to see picnic weather which usually comes with a spread of chocolate treats. Of course, enjoyed in moderation, you can balance your diet while continuing to satisfy your sweet tooth.
You can easily maintain your oral health with sugary foods, the problem lies with poor oral hygiene rather than the ingredients themselves. If moderated, sugar is not a sin! We all need a little pick me up now and then and it's scientifically proven that chocolate contains endorphins and can act as a mood booster.
So what's the secret to indulging during special occasions without experiencing cavities?
Here are a few of Dr. Lisa and Dr. Vanessa’s top tips:
- Drink water after consuming chocolate or sweets
- Try to limit the time sugar remains on your teeth. Eat in one session after meals and try not continuously snack throughout the day
- Increase Fluoride in your oral health care routine
- Avoid sweet cravings late at night before bed
- Avoid brushing your teeth for at least 30 minutes after eating sugary foods
- Swap to dark chocolate when possible as it contains less refined sugar making it healthier for you and your teeth
At Spotlight Oral Care all of our toothpastes contain the active ingredient Fluoride which has been clinically proven to protect and maintain tooth health. When it comes to enjoying sweet treats, we also recommend that you use our Mouthwash for Decay and Sensitivity which helps to prevent and reverse early signs of tooth decay. Keep brushing twice a day for two minutes each time and floss daily to keep your teeth healthy and bright.
To celebrate the Spring season, we’ve created a very special Spotlight Spring Hunt! We’re inviting you to discover exclusive Spotlight treats and discounts off some of our best-loved oral care solutions for a limited time only. The hunt has begun! To find these Spotlight surprises, look for the ears hidden throughout our online store, add the Spotlight treats to your basket, then enter code HUNT at checkout to reveal your exclusive Spotlight discount! Happy hunting! 🐣